Strapping a motorcycle helmet is a struggle for many riders. They either secure the strap wrong or ignore the chinstrap.
A motorcycle helmet strap is the headgear’s biggest security, not securing the straps right results in a fatal head injury. To overcome this issue comes how to strap a motorcycle helmet.
To avoid this issue, there are two guides on strapping a motorcycle helmet correctly.
How to strap a motorcycle helmet depends on helmet types. Each helmet has its retention system for adding further head protection.
Method 1: Strapping with a double D-ring Buckle Motorcycle Helmet
Securing the motorcycle helmet with a double D-ring buckle is the most common retention system. Securing the helmet with a double D-ring is not as tough as you think it is. For a double D ring helmet fastening requires following the right steps to secure safely.
With the growing number of helmets manufacturing with a double D-ring, many riders struggle with strapping around their helmets. If your helmet has a double D-ring, you should follow the instructions to strap correctly.
If you want to know how to tie a helmet strap around your chin correctly, you need to follow these steps below:
- Put the helmet onto your head.
- Pull the chinstraps down to pull the helmet onto your head. This allows security to ensure a safe ride. In most cases, the right strap is the snap button fastener and the left strap is the double D-ring buckle. This varies from helmet to helmet.
- Insert the right strap into the D-ring.
- Then pull the right strap around the D-ring and insert the strap to the second D-ring.
- After that, pull the strap tightly and fasten double D ring helmet to the right loose end to the left snap button.
- Then rest the strap against the base of your chin. If the strap has a snap-on button, snap the strap on the button too. There you go! Your helmet has secured and ready to ride!
Note: Make sure not to adjust the motorcycle helmet strap too tight, as this would cause choking and skin irritation. When it comes to how to strap a motorcycle helmet, make sure the straps should fit no more than two fingers inserted. If your helmet strap has a micrometric closure, adjust the closure according to your fit.
- When you strap the motorcycle helmet, make sure the ring connectors are in the best position. If they were not in the best position, this would result in pulling apart anytime.
- The D-ring connectors form corrosion over time, make sure you apply grease regularly to prevent rust. This is an important guide for how to strap a motorcycle helmet.
- When using a motorcycle helmet strap, make sure the chin strap shouldn’t secure too loose or too tight. If it were too loose, this would cause a greater risk of brain injury. If it were too tight, this would cause choking and would make you feel uncomfortable.
- If your helmet is open face, you need a motorcycle helmet strap to secure strongly to keep the headwear in place. This type of helmet can easily slip away from the forehead in case of a sudden movement. Even worse open face helmets drag away by a strong wind. To avoid this issue is to secure strongly around your chin.
- When planning to hit the road, make sure you untangle the chinstraps before wearing.
Method 2: Fastening the Helmet without Undoing the Strap
If your helmet has a strap secured, there is another way to strap motorcycle helmet without requiring to undo the strap.
At times, undoing the strap can put you under stress for having an enjoyable ride.
If you want to fasten the helmet without undoing the strap, follow the instructions below:
1) Put the helmet onto your head.
Note: When putting down the helmet, make sure the strap is in the helmet itself rather than hanging loose outsideThen pull the strap over your eyes as you rock your helmet back and forth.
2) Push the strap down under your chin
3) Adjust the strap to secure the helmet in place.
4) That is it! You have made it!
– Take precautions when pulling the motorcycle helmet strap over your eyes as the strap might cause a little harm. To avoid this problem is to pull the strap carefully down to your face.
– Make sure you handle the strap carefully to avoid tearing off the chinstrap or the inner liner. This tears of the inner liner by over pulling the strap down.
– Do make sure you adjust the motorcycle helmet strap once it reaches underneath your chin.
– If you have pulled the strap and feel it is too loose or tight, try to adjust it according to your needs. Never adjust too loose as this would cause a fatal head injury.
– If you have pulled down the strap harder and it breaks, you need to change or replace the helmet strap
– If this method is inconvenient for you, just simply undo the strap motorcycle helmet and wear it onto your head.
Here are the two useful methods on how to strap a motorcycle helmet. These two guides will allow you to strap motorcycle helmet without the hassle of figuring out the locks and which strap to insert and adjust around your chin.
With easy to follow instructions, maintaining a strong security chinstrap is the main safety of head protection. Not securing the chinstrap correctly would cause a greater risk of severe brain damage and strapping tight would suffer choking, discomfort and skin irritation.
Depending on the helmet type and the terrain you ride, reading these guides on how to strap a motorcycle helmet should never ignore that securing the chinstrap helps to add further head protection.
To end the struggle of securing your chinstrap, just simply follow one of these methods on how to strap a motorcycle helmet. Then you will protect your head and chin from further road accidents. .
So follow one of these methods on how to strap a motorcycle helmet and enjoy the ride!
Frequently Asked Questions
How Do You Change a Helmet Strap?
Your helmet strap may worn out over time due to frequent wear and tear. If you want to change the strap of your helmet, you need to prepare to gather your equipment and have a look at your helmet. Then undo the stitching of the strap pads and undo the stitching of the D-ring buckle. On the other end of the strap, remove the snap button and test-fit the quick-release buckle. If it works for you, then sew in the buckle. Then cut the excess strap that you have removed the snap button earlier and you have added a new strap!
How Do You Put on a Helmet?
For how to strap a motorcycle helmet without undoing the strap, just put the helmet onto your head and put the strap over your eyes. Then pull it down to the chin and adjust it according to your needs.
How Tight Should a Motorcycle Helmet Chinstrap be?
Securing the chinstrap should not be too tight as this would cause skin itching and discomfort around your chin. When it comes to securing around your chinstrap, make sure the strap should fit no more than two fingers inserted. Do make sure you adjust the strap that fits around your chin well but do not make it too tight or too loose.
How Do You tie a Double D ring Helmet?
To tie the double D ring helmet is to pull the chinstrap down onto your head. Pass the strap into the D-ring buckle and wrap it around the D-ring. Then insert the strap to the second D-ring. Pull the strap tightly and fasten the strap securely without feeling too