At times, riders have lost or have forgotten their keys after parking their bikes. This makes it difficult to start the engine without the key.
Starting the bike is a nightmare for some riders as one wrong ignition can cause a shock to the bike.
To start the motorcycle safely, there are certain instructions on how to start a motorcycle without a key.
How Do You Start a Motorcycle Without a Key?
Starting a motorcycle without a key is no complex process but requires care and attention to get the process right.
Every rider must know how to start a motorcycle without a key to avoid sparks and explosion of the bike.
To dive in the procedure, follow the instructions below:
1. Search the wires
To begin how to start a motorcycle without a key is to search the wires. They locate underneath your handlebar in which you have to rotate to find the wires. Once you rotate the handlebar, you will find a bunch of wires. If you are unsure of the colourful wires, you can get the wiring diagram of your bike from the dealer or you can search it from the internet.
Depending on the bike, some ignition wires are easily spotted and others take more time to find the ignition wires. There are two or three wires located underneath the handlebar. You must search for the correct colour that represents the ignition system.
2. Get the caps and sleeve
Once you have found the correct wires, you will see that these three or two wires are in a sleeve that joins in a cap. One end of the cap goes to the ignition and the other end joins to the other components of the bike.
Some bikes might have two or three caps. Some caps might be similar, be careful to look for the caps that connects directly to the ignition process. If you are finding it confused, just insert the ending of the wires. You will find only three cables that connect to the ignition device.
The easiest way to find the ignition wires is to look at the bottom of the lock and the end of the wires. When you have noticed the ignition cap, open out the socket.
3. Locate the socket and detach the two parts
After you have opened out the socket, detach the two parts of the socket. Be careful that you locate the caps that connect to the ignition device. In this step, you have to separate the two caps in which you do not need to connect to the handlebar. The wires covered in a bundle in which you must find the right bundle of wires that connects to the ignition system.
Note: Make sure the wires you are dealing with come from the opposite side of the cap.
4. Find the speaker wire and insert into the socket
After you have separated the two parts of the socket, you have to find the speaker wire. You have to open the socket and separate the speaker wire by looking at the ignition area. Then separate the area that comes from the lock.
You have to take any action to free the lock. Do not afraid to touch the wires, as they will not harm you. Take out the speaker wire and insert into the socket. This helps to reconnect the wires that take to the ignition section.
To insert the speaker wire into the socket is to take the end of the wire and put the wire into the socket. You can use an extended four-inch wire in this step.
5. Press your click-start or push the ignition button
To complete the step of how to start a motorcycle without a key, you have to look at the meter of your bike. You might notice the neutral indicator LED turned on. This indicates the motorcycle is ready to start the engine.
Then press the click-start button or push the ignition button. You should hear the loud sound of the engine and will function back in a few minutes. Once you heard the engine, just get on the bike and enjoy the ride!
Things to Remember Before Bypassing the Ignition Switch
You have the idea of how to start a motorcycle without a key, which is an easy process.
However, you need careful attention to find the correct wire to ignite the bike without the use of a key.
Before you proceed to start motorcycle without key, there are certain things to remember:
– If you have lost your keys, try to search each corner of the ground or different part of your bike. You may never know you might find the key. If you have found, you do need the follow the process on how to start a motorcycle without a key!
– Do not rush into the process of bypassing the ignition switch unless you have lost the key. Just take your time to figure out your wires and the ignition system of your bike.
– If you are not sure where the wires connect to the ignition system, just refer to the circuit-wiring diagram by asking the dealer or search it on the internet.
– Different models have different coloured wires that link to the ignition device; do make sure you look at each wire carefully before you begin the procedure.
– When hotwiring the motorcycle, make sure you fix the wires into the right place where you have found them.
– Do not carry out any illegal process when hot wiring the motorcycle.
– Only, do the process of how to bypass ignition switch on motorcycle if you have forgotten the keys and unable to find your keys at all.
– When using the wires, make sure you only use the external wires to connect to the ignition process.
– Make sure you have extra wires with you if you when carrying out the process of starting a motorcycle without a key.
– You may not get the result for the first time but you need a little patience to ignite your engine before you ride. This is an easy process but not considered as the easiest procedure as you need to take time to find the right wires.
– When hotwiring the bike, make sure you recognize the caps and sleeve that links to the ignition device before hotwiring. This will make it easier to know how to start a motorcycle without a key.
– After you have complete the process, wait for a few minutes for the engine to function.
Here is the procedure of how to start a motorcycle without a key. You can see this process is not as complex as you think it is but needs care and attention to avoid sparks onto your bike.
If you have lost your key, just refer to the instruction above. Only do this process if you have lost the key and cannot find it at all! Do make sure you carry out the procedure safely by searching the right wires of the ignition process.
So follow the instructions on how to start a motorcycle without a key and never lose the key again!
Read Our Other Articles