Do you know how to draw a motorcycle helmet? If your answer is a no, then do not worry! Here we have a simple guide on how to draw a motorcycle helmet. This will allow you to learn how to draw like a pro.
Drawing a helmet is not as difficult as you think it is. However, drawing a helmet requires effort and patience to follow the instructions correctly and achieve the desired results.
In this detailed guide, there are two ways on how to draw a motorcycle helmet step by step. One method involves drawing a dirt bike helmet and the other is drawing a half-face helmet.
Whether you draw from your mind or an image, both of these methods require step by step instructions to draw a perfect headgear.
How to Draw a Motorcycle Helmet Step by Step
Method 1: How to Draw a Dirt Bike Helmet
- Drawing a dirt bike helmet is a great way to show your drawing skills for riding on a racing track. If you want to know how to draw a dirt bike helmet, then you need to do some research on the parts of an off-road headgear.
- To know how to draw a dirt bike helmet, follow the instructions below:
- To begin Drawing is to draw a little circle at the center of the paper.
- Then draw a thin rectangle diagonally below the little circle. This represents the bottom part of the helmet.
- At the right end of the thin rectangle, draw a curved line to represent the back end of the helmet and continue the line until you reached halfway.
- Draw a little curve to represent the back of the helmet and add a triangle to it. The triangle represents the back ventilation channel.
- For drawing the front view of the dirt bike helmet, draw a line and continue to the top part of the helmet. Then continue to draw on the left to represent the eye-port.
- At the bottom of the eye-port, draw a little circle with two lines across and add an extra circle to represent the eye-port holder.
- Below the eye-port, draw an inverted ‘C’ to present the eye view. Then draw two triangles to portray the inner liner cushion of the chin bar.
- Draw the remaining line to represent the chin bar. Do this by drawing a curved line at the other end of the thin rectangle.
- Add extra designs and lines to portray the sporty look of the dirt bike helmet. You can add extra lines on the chin bar to present the chin ventilation channel.
- To make your drawing stand out, color the dirt bike helmet with color pencils or acrylic paints. If you want to outline your drawing, use a black felt-tip pen.
- If you want to have a look at the tutorial for how to draw a motorcycle helmet front, check out the video.
Method 2: How to Draw a Half Face Helmet
- Drawing a half-face helmet is another fun way to know how to draw a motorcycle helmet step-by-step easy front view. If you prefer to draw a helmet in a quicker method, here is the easy guide on how to draw a half-face helmet. Drawing a half-face helmet is far much easier than drawing an off-road headgear as it only requires a few steps.
- To draw a half-face helmet, simply follow the instructions below:
- Draw a semi-circle that shapes like a half-walnut shell. The semi-circle should shape like a dome.
- At the right end of the circle, draw a little rectangle to represent the rim of the helmet by drawing a small lip. This represents the holder of the chinstrap.
- Lastly, draw the chinstrap by drawing the two curved lines. Starting from the bottom of the little rectangle to the near front of the semi-circle.
- To add the final touch, draw an extra-fine line of the dome-shaped helmet to give the riding effect for motorcycling.
- That is it! You have drawn a half-face helmet.
- To make your drawing stand out, color the half face helmet with color pencils or acrylic paints. To outline your drawing, you can use a black pen to stand out from the paper.
Here are the two methods on how to draw a motorcycle helmet. You can see that drawing a motorcycle helmet is not as hard as you think it is. Drawing a helmet is a fun activity as much painting a motorcycle does. If you know how to draw a motorcycle helmet, then you will draw a headgear like a pro! All you have to is to follow either one of these methods on drawing a helmet and add the colour of your choice to stand out from your sketch.
If you own a helmet, you can draw from observation or you can check out any images from the internet and draw it onto the paper. Once you draw, you will feel like a professional artist of drawing protective headgears. If drawing is not your hobby, you can refer to the guides on how to paint a motorcycle helmet.
As you know, practice makes perfect!
So choose either one of these methods and start drawing a great helmet!