Do you know how to draw a motorcycle helmet? If your answer is a no, then do not worry!
Here we have a simple guide on how to draw a motorcycle helmet. This will allow you to learn how to draw like a pro.
Drawing a helmet is not as difficult as you think it is. However, drawing a helmet requires effort and patience to follow the instructions correctly and achieve the desired results.
In this detailed guide, there are two ways on how to draw a motorcycle helmet step by step. One method involves drawing a dirt bike helmet and the other is drawing a half-face helmet.
Whether you draw from your mind or an image, both of these methods require step by step instructions to draw a perfect headgear.
How to Draw a Motorcycle Helmet Step by Step
Method 1: How to Draw a Dirt Bike Helmet
Drawing a dirt bike helmet is a great way to show your drawing skills for riding on a racing track.
If you want to know how to draw a dirt bike helmet, then you need to do some research on the parts of off-road headgear.
To know how to draw a dirt bike helmet, follow the instructions below:
1) To begin Drawing is to draw a little circle at the center of the paper.
2) Then draw a thin rectangle diagonally below the little circle. This represents the bottom part of the helmet.
3) At the right end of the thin rectangle, draw a curved line to represent the back end of the helmet and continue the line until you reached halfway.
4) Draw a little curve to represent the back of the helmet and add a triangle to it. The triangle represents the back ventilation channel.
5) For drawing the front view of the dirt bike helmet, draw a line and continue to the top part of the helmet. Then continue to draw on the left to represent the eye-port.
6) At the bottom of the eye-port, draw a little circle with two lines across and add an extra circle to represent the eye-port holder.
7) Below the eye-port, draw an inverted ‘C’ to present the eye view. Then draw two triangles to portray the inner liner cushion of the chin bar.
8) Draw the remaining line to represent the chin bar. Do this by drawing a curved line at the other end of the thin rectangle. This helps to complete the look of the chin bar.
9) Add extra designs and lines to portray the sporty look of the dirt bike helmet. You can add extra lines on the chin bar to present the chin ventilation channel.
10) To make your drawing stand out, color the dirt bike helmet with color pencils or acrylic paints. If you want to outline your drawing, use a black felt-tip pen.
If you want to have a look at the tutorial for how to draw a motorcycle helmet front, check out the video.
Method 2: How to Draw a Half Face Helmet
Drawing a half-face helmet is a fun way to know how to draw a motorcycle helmet step-by-step easy front view. If you prefer to draw a helmet in a quicker method, here is an easy guide on how to draw a half-face helmet.
Drawing a half-face helmet is easier than drawing an off-road headgear as it only requires a few steps.
To draw a half-face helmet, simply follow the instructions below:
1) Draw a semi-circle that shapes like a half-walnut shell. The semi-circle should shape like a dome.
2) At the right end of the circle, draw a little rectangle to represent the rim of the helmet by drawing a small lip. This represents the holder of the chinstrap.
3) Lastly, draw the chinstrap by drawing the two curved lines. Starting from the bottom of the little rectangle to the near front of the semi-circle.
4) To add the final touch, draw an extra-fine line of the dome-shaped helmet to give the riding effect for motorcycling.
That is it! You have drawn a half-face helmet.
5) To make your drawing stand out, color the half face helmet with color pencils or acrylic paints. To outline your drawing, you can use a black pen or felt tip pens to stand out from the paper.
Here are the two methods on how to draw a motorcycle helmet. You can see that drawing a motorcycle helmet is not as hard as you think it is. Drawing a helmet is a fun activity as much painting a motorcycle does. If you know how to draw a motorcycle helmet, then you will draw a headgear like a pro! All you have to is to follow either one of these methods on drawing a helmet and add the colour of your choice to stand out from your sketch.
If you own a helmet, you can draw from observation or you can check out any images from the internet and draw it onto the paper. Once you draw, you will feel like a professional artist of drawing protective headgears.
If drawing is not your hobby, you can refer to the guides on how to paint a motorcycle helmet.
As you know, practice makes perfect!
So choose either one of these methods on how to draw a motorcycle helmet and start drawing a great helmet!